Tuesday 23 August 2011

You know when you want to put something off.....

You know you have to do something, and you are the one that has to do it...no one else can do it....but something happens....in your head.....and for some reason you find yourself doing anything but THAT.

It's like when you were at school and that dissertation had to be in on Monday morning and on Sunday night it still wasn't done, so what are you doing?

That's right, your watching songs of Praise. For everyone who has suffered from this, did you know it actually has a name in psychology?

Its Student syndrome.

Well, I think I have been hit by Student Syndrome this morning. Maybe its because of instead of waking up to blue skies bouncing of the yellow of my house I can see a grey grey day, but I just can't face THAT salt concoction!

But me being me (That's Mrs I set a goal, I'll achieve it - which by the way in business is great but in your personal life can get you in all sorts of trouble.)
I walked downstairs with intent purpose, strided into the kitchen and boiled the kettle.

As I stood there 5 minutes ago, and looked at that concoction I realised to do this every day for a week, I'm going to have to find a way to get it in my mind that it does not taste awful.(It tastes awful) I am going to have to get in mind that I am not going to throw and gag because of the taste down the back of my throat.

And then it hit me, Coaching hat went on and I thought what are the things I love and one of the things that I truly love is the sea, and guess what that is?

Yep it's salty.

So this morning as I downed that vile concoction (I am doing this to feel healthier I have to remind myself!) I imagined I was swimming in the beautiful calm, blue ocean with the sun beating down on my head and by accident I just happen to have swallowed a mug of water. Well the first bit seems to work. But that's okay because when you walk out of the sea, you lay on a bed, under a palm tree (minus coconuts - did you know how many people get injured by them each year?) and feel the warmth of the sun on your body. And that always feels healing.

So despite the tipping down of wet stuff from the sky this morning, I'm feeling dam near tropical. I can smell the cocktails being mixed at the bar and the wood fire to cook lunch has just been lit.

Apparently a vivid imagination is very useful in life.

Just writing this and drifting off to Carri bean beaches has made me(almost) completely forget about the foul taste.

Oh no. I just remembered what happens within the hour. mmmmm and I have to go out in 25 minutes. Another challenge for me then.
It will make me healthier, it will make me healthier - yeh Mandie keep telling yourself that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment