Monday 22 August 2011

Am I really going to drink THAT!

So most of the time when I fancy writing a blog its been sparked by a coaching session with a business woman and it will be packed with ideas and solutions for other business women to benefit from.

But this one is different...
This blog is my personal blog, probably why it has laid dormant for over a year. But today is a special day.
Today I am giving myself full permission to be lazy, to veg out, to relax and chill.
I'm not going to work today at all, which is so rare for me. Now adays I can always find time to "just" answer that email, get that report dashed off, send that doc over, right a blog. But today is going to be all about me.

This year has been really tough, no use denying it - I have something wrong with me that has left me exhausted, in pain and feeling really poorly and the doctors are drawing a blank. Actually they have 2 and 2 and are coming up with 5 but you get the idea. (Someone asked how do I feel and for a change I honestly answered "I feel like a have a hangover and flu, and Ive been feeling like that for 8 months" Honesty is not always the best policy - I don't think she had a clue what to say to that.)



So a month a go I read that a detox can clear out your system of toxins, impurities and well crap to help the body restore order and feel well. And having tried, antibiotics, Reiki, Massage, Reflexology, Vitamins, supplements, Counselling, Osteopaths, and countless other suggestions to feel well - I thought why not?
Until I read it consisted of only drinking Maple Syrup, Chilli, Lemon and water for 7 days!

I did it (I can be very determined when I want to be - or is that stubborn!) and I don't know about cured, but I definitely had more energy for a little while and my normal spotty teenage skin looked lovely.

But as the schools hols come to an end, I'm all too aware that life is about to get very frantic again and since my health is as good as 10 week old lettuce leaf in the Sahara - I thought I have to do something and then I remembered the detox....

The thing is I can't face just sipping that concoction for 7 days, I need food!

So I looked around and found an alternative.
mmmm it sounded good. But two hours in I'm not so sure it was a good idea.

You see before breakfast at around 7am I'm to drink a cup of very salty water (thats 2 teaspoons of the stuff!) Not only does it taste foul, leave you feeling sick, it also is definitely working.

When I say working I mean is that my 5th or 6th trip to the bathroom?

Well it does say that you can eat lightly throughout so it sounded so harmless.

It is supposed to clear you out - Yep it is definitely doing THAT.

I will let you know how I get on.

The thing is what I failed to appreciatee is the voracity of the clear out and here's the thing. In 3 hours time I'm supposed to get on my bike and take the children crabbing and out for lunch with friends.

Oh this could be so funny. Mmmm not sure if funny is the right word. but getting stressed won't help much will it!


No comments:

Post a Comment