Tuesday 20 January 2009

Go easy on me.

So just to reiterate my inability to be perfect. My first secret to tell the world (or is that universe - Do aliens use the net?) is that if at one end of the scale you have the Stephen Hawkins whizz of computers and at the other you have my dad, I dont know how to open the lap top? I am probably at the "mmmm Andy I pressed something again!"

It took me a while just to understand the lingo to set this up. I can feed 2 kids a snack to the tune of "Mum I'm starving" (I love that.You have been in the kitchen preparing a gourmet delight for your family to marvel over and in the kids stroll oblivious to the saucepans and you vigorously chopping at the vegetables to demand that you dont be so selfish doing nothing for us and feed us before we faint) while preparing tea, picking up a nintendog's poo, answering the phone and negotiating with the skill of NATO the controls for the telly because "peppa pig is too babyish mum" But understand computer jargon I can not.

I dont know why they do it. Why is everything in ridiculous jargon? I think that maybe it is done to make people look very clever and like they know more than you. Could you imagine if as mums we did that. "Oh yes I would love to C.O.C (Chat over coffee) however I have a meeting with the I.B (Ironing Board) and a merger at 3.00 with the C.E.Os (kids)" Utter madness.
I read on a great website the meaning of ACRONYM - Absurdly Contrived Representations Of Names Yielding Mass Stupefication. Now thats more like it.

Okay so this could be my own stupidity. But I am pretty certain it is not. If everyone made the effort to make themselves properly understood wouldnt that make life a lot easier?

So back to my point - I am new to blogging so please go easy on me, it took me long enough to set this up. So there - thats my first fact a perfect woman would have achieved what I did in an hour in 10 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment