Wednesday 18 February 2009

Melons are parts of a woman's body?

"Tesco, the UK supermarket, couldn’t sell big, fleshy melons. Research by a psychologist suggested that women were subconsciously comparing them with their breasts. So Tesco’s growers have been asked for melons no more than 1lb 3oz in weight, which equates to a C cup (Daily Telegraph 1999)"

I saw this and it made me wonder?

When we go shopping what else have supermarkets, consumer groups and psychologists decided we need to see, hear and feel when we go shopping? and taking that one step further where else are these studies put into practice?

Its not me worrying about a big brother environment, more the case if I knew about the outcome of these studies could I control my shopping patterns, my moods or my ability to return from a shopping trip not feeling like a fat heifer because I am not a size 6?

Wouldn't it be great if you could always return from a shopping trip regardless of how many gorgeous bags you are carrying and feel great?

But then I just remembered I have that ability. Its just a case of whether I decide to put it into practice or not.

I am currently looking for a gorgeous suit - But as yet its not materialised, but despite 3 unsuccessful shopping trips. I am not remotely dejected. Firstly I have enjoyed a stroll around the shops, secondly I have managed 2 meals out, thirdly a couple of gorgeous dresses have been bought, fourthly I bumped into some friends and enjoyed impromptu coffee, and lastly but most importantly a big trip to Lakeside beckons!

If I get no suit will I get dejected? No - and do you know why?
There is always a reason to why things happen, it would just mean my dream suit is not at lake side. Coaching has taught me that there is always another answer I just don't know it yet, and I really enjoy trying new options and getting what I want. So where ever you are dynamic outfit I will find you.

And how this relates to melons? Well the next time I am in the shops I will be wondering what subliminal messages are being sent my way?

No comments:

Post a Comment